The Puffins have landed!
Assuming hockey returns to normal, the Scotiabank DJHL will finally expand its pooled hockey program to include a new U13 A Girls division, featuring the Scotiabank Puffins.
Here are the details so far:
Pooled teams of 12 players (7 forwards, 4 defense, & 1 goalie)
· Minimum of 4 teams in U13 (if successful, add U15 the following season)
· One-hour game sessions – three 10 stopped time periods, no OT
· 2 games & 2 practices per week (21 regular season games)
· Home Association will be expected to provide ice time & officials in portion to their % of players in the Program
· Registration: $1,000 range (2 payments)
· Team names: PUFFINS, FALCONS, HAWKS, & RAVENS
· 2 Accredited Coaches + Manager per team (minimum one female coach)
· Interested coaches and managers must apply to DJHL, but need home association endorsement first
· Players selected from try-outs are ranked, but Draft is open for random picking by Head Coaches.
· FProgram will mirror the existing Minor Pooled Program in terms of evaluator-driven try-outs, posted results and box scores, web site activity (www.djhl.ca, page per team, news articles, action photography, awards, Parent-Player Agreements, staff consent forms, RNC screenings, AP Program (small fee, name barred jerseys & right to attend all team practices) Twitter (@djhlnews).
· All pooled players are registered by DJHL and cannot play on any other team below AAA (with exception of house league if permitted by Home Association).
· Players can only try-out for either Girls Pooled or Minor Pooled.